http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Burning Rubber... (Part 2)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Burning Rubber... (Part 2)

Enough said about David and Greg's new rims and tyres (see my blog dated June 17, 2006,).

About a week after my friends had their cars embellished with new steel and rubber, I had all my tires replaced with Yokohoma A-Drive R1 (ARO1) tires (Thailand manufactured), profile; 215/45/17J. These tires are Yokohoma's newest in the range, after the C-Drive.
(The link was last posted on my blog dated June 17, 2006, so, go take a look)

I must say, the ride aint to bad... in fact, the ride isexcellent.... According to Yokohama's 2006 cataglogue, these tires are economical, although, the handling aint comparable to Yokohama's ES 100's, which I used to have on my rims.



The ES 100s were superb. I had very good road-handling and grip, moreso in the rain. Unfortunately, being Japanese manufactured, they come at a premium.

5 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Unknown said...

First the watch... now new rims... and then a trip to Maldives some more! Which bank you rob ah?!?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Actually, I only got new tires, which was due to be done anyway for safety reasons. The watch really didn't cost me much. I've wanted a nice dress watch for less than USD 200 and I got it. The trip however will set me back a bit, but hey... it's the Republic of Maldives! Not going to give up anything now to go over man.... the sun, sand, sea and ROSHI!! Plenty of time to make $$, but I figure I gotta TAKE A BREAK!
After all, ala Jack Nicholson, "Something's Gotta Give" :)

1:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MAN! Way t pile on the pressure... atleast you guys have great cinemas... shopping malls... daging merah... ayam pedas... grea teh-o-ais limau... laksa... nasi ayam... Times, Kinokunya and Borders... we only got the sea... so don't expect too much... just the great blue yonder, white sand like you never seen before... and I'm quite sure you'll enjoy the local 'sights'... ;)

3:07 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Ya know I'm counting on it man... which by the way, I can't say the same thing with my stupid travel agent. They don't seem to wanna give me my ticket. Been trying to call them to make a booking. Hell, I might resort to taking a boat there...:)

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

errr... somehow i never imagined you in a 'stow away' setting... heheh

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home