http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Epilepsy Legacy

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Epilepsy Legacy

Ever wonder what you'd do if you were walking along a street one day and without a moment's notice, you see a person drop and paralyzed with convulsions?

Facebook is really useful. I just came across a friend-of-a-friend's blog on epilepsy (click here for link) and basically, how to deal with the "condition" (if I am describing it with any justice). Serene Low, the author of the blog is an epileptic, puts her views in a first-person perspective.

Though I've only skimmed "Epilepsy Legacy", I picked up a few postings which may be helpful and potentially life saving if one ever encounters a person with a seizure.

Maybe I should start blogging on more pertinent issues than on cars, gadgets and my antics.

I'm not trying to excuse myself from my 5 month hiatus, but I have to find more inspiring topics/events to blog. Being apolitical in my blog does not help. But then again, I don't want to join an array of writers and bloggers who have posted their ramblings and views.

3 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Serene Low said...

Hi Peter Cheong,
I am Serene Low. I am elated to read your mail concerning my epilepsy legacy blog in the google epilepsy alert. I thank God for directing you to my blog. God Is Great and you made my day. Epilepsy awareness is terribly lacking in Malaysia.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hey Serena,
Don't mention. I always support awareness campaigns and blogs alike. Keep up the good work and may God guide you all the way.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pete,

Good on you to start blogging again... and a great way to (re)start...

You know... I've been having the same thoughts as you... writing about something more than films, tv series... etc... well I want to write about them too but... you know what I mean...

The thing is though... most things I am passionate about... I can't seem to get it out there... it would conflict with my job, among other things, so I'm overly conscious I guess...

Any how... good to see you're back... Missed 'bouncing stuff off you' via our respective blogs

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home