http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III 12'' figure (Super COOL!)

Friday, June 05, 2009

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III 12'' figure (Super COOL!)

eBay is a Pandora's box. Just a couple of days after I got the Mark II, I discovered a Mark III being let go by a fellow collector. And it was below retail pricing too. Admittedly, I've been trying to hunt down the Mark III from all known hobby shops. Up until this opportunity, I was told that the next batch of the merchandize would only arrive on our shores in 2 months. The shortest estimation was end of June. Hence, this was too good to pass over. I contacted him over email and we came to a 'gentleman's arrangement' to transact beyond eBay. I convinced the chap to terminate the auction on eBay and give me right of first refusal :)

Well, for a forerunner to the Mark II, this version was well done. I still think the rivets on the Mark II gave the armor suit more character. If you look at the picture of Iron Man's chest plate in my previous post before this one, you will notice the marked difference. Less texture on the Mark III. But paint scheme and accuracy is present. Nothing much to complain about.
Add ImageThe only other thing I thought would have made the Mark III more fantastic would be adding the retractable shoulder projectile launchers, like what you can see in the movie and incorporating a removable magnetic face plate, like on the Mark II. Nonetheless, the omissions were compensated with a super-accurate exchangeable head of Tony Stark, with almost the exact facial contours and skin tones. The painter did such a good job with a moulded piece of plastic, you could almost see the light reflecting off the moist in his eyes!

Apart from that, the usual compliment of weaponry and parts are present, identical to that of the Mark II's.

I think overall, I prefer the Mark II to the Mark III. The chrome metal persona of the iconic superhero still etches a good impression to me.

Labels:

7 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Nick Leshi said...

Excellent toys. I hope the Iron Man sequel is as great as the first film. http://nickleshi.blogspot.com

11:00 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Nick,
Thanks for leaving your comment. I checked out your blog and I think it's really cool!! Suffice to say, I will be visiting "City of Kik" again.

8:41 AM  
Blogger CFC said...

When the toy first came out, I was so tempted to get it but once sanity came over and slapped me in the face, I realised that this type of Hobby is no longer affordable for someone like me where money for the kids are the main priority.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Well, CFC think about it this way. Your kids will inherit your toys in the not so distant future. They will be next custodians of all things plastic and COOL! Live long and proper. :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

coach outlet
michael kors outlet
converse trainers
coach outlet
omega watches sale
nike outlet
ugg outlet
nike huarache
true religion outlet
louboutin shoes

10:06 AM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.8
louboutin shoes
golden goose
pandora charms
nike outlet
prada shoes
kate spade outlet
christian louboutin outlet
oakley sunglasses
adidas outlet
pandora jewelry

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www11.12

ugg boots outlet
canada goose outlet
jordan shoes

tory burch outlet
canada goose
nike shoes
north face
soccer shoes
coach outlet

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home