http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Star Trek XI Update

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Star Trek XI Update

The word is out. Star Trek XI will be out in Christmas 2008. JJ Abrams, producer and director of the 11th installment of the Trek movie franchise.

Since the story is written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (credit given to them for Mission Impossible :III), I reckon this latest installment will not be a dissapointment. In MI3, these 2 were teamed up with Abrams and for Trek XI, are the movie's executive producers.

From what I know, this movie will centre around the beginning of the United Federation of Planets and probably the inception of Starfleet. It's supposed to be a "reimaging" of the franchise as opposed to a prequel. The focus will be the crossing of paths of James T. Kirk (supposed to be played by Matt Damon) and Spock, probably two young cadets in the academy. I don't know if the USS Enterprise have been built (or may be in spacedock amidst her shakedown cruise) in this time frame, but hopefully, Kirk's Kobayashi Maru simulation is featured in this movie.

Undoubtedly, this film will give new perspective on the classic storyline and the begginings of the famous 5-year mission of the galant crew of NCC-1701.


Live long and prosper.

8 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Unknown said...

Here's hoping JJ does not mess it up... I must say... though I thought MI:III was better than MI:II... JJ Abrams is not nearly as safe a bet as... Chris Nolan... at least not to me... fingers and toes crossed!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh and Pete... have you got any pictures of us in Starfleet uniform? heh heh heh... remember Nemesis?

5:05 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hey, yeah man...i forgot about that. Nemesis was so long ago...about 4 - 5 years back? man...those were the good times. yeah... getting gibes from fellow movie goers too. i miss being young (snicker)...

7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't miss being young... I just miss hanging out...

2:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok... maybe I miss being young... just a tad...

Miss not having a cinema near me... not even a cineplex... a simple cinema... is anyone listening to me... helloooooooo?!?!?

Oh I GIVE UP!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hey man, why dont ya start a cineplex? or at least a simple cinema? I bet it'll be a cash cow in no time. Somemore, you got connections...TVM...etc? Should be quite easy for you to pull it off. Why not eh? Otherwise, come back to Malaysia lar...I think you've become more Malaysian over the years you've spent here.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pete,

U on Facebook? I just joined

3:35 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Joining! He He.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home