http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: The Happening

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Happening


After a hiatus, M Night Shyamalan delivers yet another good thriller. This is one of those movies which makes you think, "Hey, doesn't this flick seem like crossing over 'The Signs' and 'War of the Worlds' ?"

I think this movie will leave you disturbed for a while (I guess Yee Boon was right). But there's no overtly, horrific violent deaths or extremeties like that...although, there are several disrturbing parts (relative term for me). Having said that, I noticed that this movie is rated 'U' ...which puzzled me. I think an 18SG rating would be more like it.


The undertone of the movie: natural elements coming to life, compelling inhabitants of the US East Coast to lose their self-preservation, resulting in mass suicide.

Mark Walberg appeared opposite to Jooey Deschenal, playing a husband and wife whose average lives turned chaotic after the entire East Coast in the US is plaqued with a mysterious and seemingly insidious "event" leaving people with an uncontrollable desire to end their own lives. And watch for John Lequizamo. He plays Mark Walberg's queer-looking colleague in the movie. Suffice to say, his character didn't last too long...

As the title of the movie suggests, the first few minutes of the movie would have left you a good hint of things to come. I won't go into any details for the sake of those out there who hasn't watched this interesting flick. I actually loved it.

Apart from being a fan of Shyamalan, I occassionally have a morbid desire to dwell into the surreal and supernatural. This movie would set that mood for you.

Go watch it...and don't kill any bees (you'll know what I mean once you've watched the movie).

Labels:

0 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Post a Comment

<< Home