http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: A weekend at the Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur

Sunday, March 06, 2011

A weekend at the Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur


Whether really worth it or not, I decided to sign up for MO's Elite Club membership for a year. The salesperson really had a good telephone voice who sounds like a middle-aged mother with a few kids. I reckon she's doing this part time. First thing she told me about the package was a complimentary deluxe room with a view of the city or KLCC Park, vouchers for hi-tea and dinner free; in my mind, nothing comes free, but she was candid about the package.
What really convinced me was her motherly persistence. She was a nice lady, calling me even after I had signed up to make sure everything was in order. Thinking about my own mother, I thought perhaps she would deserve a weekend with her best friends, having hi-tea and to the SPA. Rooms would be 50% off, 20-30% ff on dining, 23% off on SPA (I still have one voucher for a complimentary hour at the SPA). What's more, my friends can enjoy the same privileges- the membership is transferable, but only valid up to March 2012. All they have to do is pick up the membership card from me.
I checked in about 2pm on Saturday and went straight to the lounge of the 1st floor. The hi-tea was a delightful fulfillment of palates. A delectable selection of pastries and sweets. Devonshire tea (citrus infused early grey with scones, served with cream, marmalade and jam), cheesecakes, mini-chocolate cakes, sandwiches, mini-burgers and turkish delights! All brought to you in a decked-tray. Tea is kept hot by a pot-sleeve.
I spent an hour plus; taking my time savoring the spread and reading a graphic-version of Isaac Newton, Copernicus, Decartes and the greatest astronomers, physicists and scientists humanity has ever seen. For once, i can understand how the Pythagoras theorem came about and how it was Copernicus, not Einstein who first described (although he didn't realise it), the theory of relativity...
After hi-tea, I relegated to my weekend crib, complete with a workstation, Internet connection and a nice hi-back chair for me to catch up on some work. I got a deluxe suite facing the city with a king-sized bed and a 2-seater couch, over and above the workstation. The sun was glistening, but I was comfortably nestled in my huge bed, with a pile of pillows, tea or coffee and fresh pears. The room comes with a 42-inch plasma TV, complete with 30 channels and a DVD player!
Most important of all is my bath tub! Next to it, a shower stall and a separate compartment for the toilet. The bathroom is almost fully-mirror giving the illusion of size and grandeur. The doors are folding as opposed to conventional-hinged door and from the bathtub, I can still watch TV (with speakers routed to the bathroom; adjustable volume) and read my novel at the same time. When I spend time at hotels, it's no less than 3 times per day in the bath tub! Morning, after lunch and after dinner!
I got up this morning and went to KLCC Park for a stroll. The restaurants rimming the park were mostly opened. I was thinking of some Eggs Benedict at Dome, but decided to get a Sausage McMuffin at McDs. I went down to Cold Storage to get some springrolls and onion rings after breakfast for a TV snack after that. Yes, I headed to the bath tub again to finish my book and to watch TV. I checked out at 2pm after a long, well deserved break.
What a treat after a long week. I shall look forward to coming back here again from some "Peter time". Next time, I'll certainly try the SPA and use the gym. Since it's 50% off for rooms and suites, I'll take 2 nights for the price of 1...

Labels:

5 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Anonymous CuteGalaxy said...

Can I know how much did MO's Elite Club cost? Interested to find out more about it but can't find much info online.

2:36 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

detroit lions jerseys
mbt shoes outlet
ecco outlet
jordan 8
nike outlet
ugg boots
ugg boots
jordan 4
ugg boots
nike roshe
2017.8.8

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0518

longchamp handbags
canada goose jackets
five fingers shoes
dc shoes
longchamp outlet
air max 90
air max trainers
michael kors outlet
ray ban sunglasses
nike roshe

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www11.12

converse trainer
jordans
true religion jeans
canada goose clothing

christian louboutin shoes
ugg boots
air max 90
ugg boots
canada goose outlet

11:48 AM  
Anonymous youjizz.to said...

And finally. As another reviewer commented, young, unmarried females would not have spoken the way they were directed to do in youjizz this version.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home