http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: A Prayer of Serenity

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Prayer of Serenity

A buddy of mine recites this all the time. I only knew the first few lines before this, so I am penning it here so that I don't forget this beautiful prayer:-

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Labels:

0 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Post a Comment

<< Home