http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Grandmother's surgery

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Grandmother's surgery

My gramma was admitted to Univertisty Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) last night to be prep for removal of her uterus today... Prof. (Dr.) BK Lim, a renowned gynaecologic oncologist diagnosed her as suffering from uterine prolapse which is supposed to be a normal occurence in women of later years which are way beyond child bearing capability... (my gramma, a few weeks ago, had been complaining of blood in the urine and appaerently, the pressure on the prolapsed uterus was exerting pressure on the bladder and kidneys) the procedure apparently does not entail major incisions...the only worry is that she has hypertension and diabetes... which apparently may affect her revival from general anaesthesia...

Our prayers have gone out to her... it was a relief to hear from my dad that as at 8pm tonight, the surgery was completed without complications...as she is resting now, we will continue to pray for her speedy recovery... by now, she would be still undergoing de-anaesthasation procedures...

I will be paying my gramma a visit tomorrow after court and before I fly off to Penang for a case mention on Thursday... my dad informs that she will be still warded for the next 2 to 3 days for observation and monitoring purposes...I've been told by Dr. Chandran, Meera (my colleague)'s husband that this stay-over is to ensure that the patient does not suffer any post-surgery infection...

We all are praying for you gramma! Get well soon...

3 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Asther said...

My prayers are with her...

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for her, and am sure she'll be okay. Trust in God, come what may.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Thank you for your kindness... I just visited her today, 16.8.06 at the ward... she seems to be doing pretty ok. was quite in a chatty mood...praise the Lord...

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home