http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sigh...the week's been amazingly tough ...back to back meetings, new briefs, late night meet-ups, griping clients and numerous deadlines to comply for various advisory matters...not to mention preparing submissions for next week ...opposing an application to set aside a judgment in JB, an appeal to be heard in Putrajaya...working 6 days a week...7 sometimes...Sigh...again...

The only consolation is a small do at Coreen's place tonight...nothing fancy, but anything home-cooked is always preferred...well, the present were Sathi (Coreen's boyfriend) Alan Shanmugam (Coreen's younger brother) and wife, Pervin (whom I realised soon after that she was my junior back at High School), Stephen Francis (Coreen's cousin) and wife, Angie, Crystal Shanmugam (Coreen's younger sister), Premela (my purported date) and me...

All of us just sat on the floor as we ate, drunk wine, laughed and jeered at anyone who departs from grip of reason...it was a good way to end the rough day at the office...tomorrow I have to tidy up my court of appeal submissions, do the floors (washing and mop) and catch a flight to JB for a hearing on Monday, all within the next 24 hours...man....I wished there were more than 24 hours to a day...

Well, that's a typical week for me...I can only pray that God gives me the strength and perseverance to toil on... for He has blessed me greatly thus far...I suppose I can't really complain about the circumstances...

0 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Post a Comment

<< Home