http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: What's Been Happening

Sunday, October 14, 2007

What's Been Happening

Dear readers,

It's been a long blogging hiatus for me....again...so, I thought of resuming my blogging activity by summarizing what's been happening for the last 2 months. In a nutshell:

  • September 9 - Participated in a sanctioned and legal motorsports event. The Grassroots Racing Autosports (GRA) Autosprint Competition (Round 3), I was but a mere bystander in Round 2, sometime in July. It is a fun way of discovering the "racer boy" part of me in a safe, controlled environment. MUM, I'll say it again..."SAFE and CONTROLLED environment" *grin*...
  • October 4 - Me birthday. One of the things I always turn out being surprised are the number of well wishes and emails streaming in from all across the world from all friends and acquaintances, including my insurance agent. It was a memorable one. Thanks to my mum, brother and Karen (bro's other half), I must have had the most meatiest meal ever at the Checkers Restaurant at Damansara Heights (if you ever go there, and I recommend you should, ask for 'SAM') . Also, my good friends, Asther Lau, Francis Tan, Mike Tjoa and Tan Yee Boon (the rascals!) schemed a surprise party (albeit, small one) for me! Thanks a lot guys !
Apart from things happening in my life, my friends and family, quite a few things happened in the last 2 months too!

  • Tony Lim was back from Hong Kong last month, sometime at the end of. It think it was between September 21st to 26th. We got together with Amelia and Yee Boon to catch up in Taman Tun. And as usual, Counter Strike will be a feature when Tony is back. A few hours of computer-gaming had never hurt anyone. :)
  • In fact, Tony was back again this week for a family matter. This time, David could make it for our CS session. It was fun to do it 2 years plus ago, late after work and before most of the guys were married. I must say, now, every minute I get to spend with these guys is a blessing. But all's well that ends well.
  • Yee Boon's wife gave birth to a baby boy. 6 pounds and something... In fact, YB and missus just had their baby's full moon party yesterday. Little Hong Zher was sound asleep when I met him for the very first time. YB's a father now....a father...my dive buddy is now in the ranks of the 'uncles'. hehe. Anyways, congratulations to the both of you, Yee Boon and Kok Ling!!!

2 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Unknown said...

OH CRAP! errrm... about the birthday Pete... heheh HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I TRULY am an ASS for forgetting... MAN!.. er... in my defense... I had not been eating that day... so... oh heck... I HAVE NO DEFENSE! Sorry mate...

Happy Belated 32nd... Wish you all the best... all year round and forever... Cheers.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yo man...thanks...but it's my 31st birthday la! We're the same age man. How's things back home? Man...i still miss the roshi breakfast your mum and Pema cooks! Miss the smell of the fresh Indian Ocean air and most of all, miss my Maldivian friends, you being the most buddy!!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home