http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: The Searing Sun...

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Searing Sun...


has emerged from many rainy and overcast days over the last 2-3 months... a sign that Chinese Lunar New Year is just round the corner

... one more day in fact...

The routine cleaning and preparations have been completed... my room feels 'fresh' ... only more thing to do... new clothes!

I had breakfast at Blue Cow Restaurant at Plaza Damas with Ravin and fellow lawyers Ken Kandaiah & Abi Durai, Samuel Tan and Ranjeeta Kaur. Choice of the breakfast of champions... 2 poached eggs, 2 foot-long sausages and toast on the side and finally a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice to wash it all down....

We missed Aaron Matthews' presence who is sadly down with a cold. He almost never fails to join us... Seems the flu bug is getting more virulent and unforgiving these days... so many have been infected as of late... I pray that I don't fall sick these few days...

I somehow missed the old firm from which my career was built upon prior to in-house... I decided to call on my ex-colleague and good friend, Sankar for a bite in the afternoon... Driving into KL was a breeze, as expected and the empty streets somewhat feels surreal...

I learned that my former boss was in the office, so I decided to drop in to say hello to the man whom I've served for 8 years... still toiling away on the eve of the eve of the lunar new year... unfortunately, the flu bug caught on to him too...

Tomorrow, new year's eve is when the customary reunion dinner with family is held...almost mandatory , a time of fellowship and most of all, a time for renewal of my faith which has been tested over the last couple of years...

I am certainly looking forward for a 'recharge' to take on the challenges which lies ahead of me this year...

To all my family, relatives, friends and loved ones... Here's wishing all of you a very Happy New Year!

0 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Post a Comment

<< Home