http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Polluted Air and the Bug!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Polluted Air and the Bug!

Caught the bug again! Thanks to the wonderful air quality we have in Kuala Lumpur and coupled with nasi lemak for breakfast, I fell sick in no time this week. It's really annoying to get up with this acrid taste at the back of your throat, as if I'd just swallowed rust and sandpaper. The blanket of smog which shrouds us has caused many to fall ill. Many of my fellow lawyers have fallen ill for the past few days, so I've learnt. I bet the physicians are having a good run this month cashing in on our sniffles and coughs!

I was out of action for a couple of days and stayed put at home to recover. I was getting a tad anxious when the fever did not break the first day and seemed to be increasing. After all, the h1n1 influenza outbreak recently has left everyone on alert. Fortunately for me, the good Lord was gracious enough to spare me such predicament.

I am grateful for a certain someone special who drove me out for a quick bite and spent a few hours with me to keep me company. All my love Raz!

I got better on wednesday, only to expend my efforts to resist an application to set aside my client's judgment and to oppose a winding-up petition. The proceedings went well. Being taken on always motivates me to perform. I think I gave my opponent a run for his client's money! :)

I still have the flu. I hope to see a full recovery by the turn of the week.

3 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Unknown said...

Get well soon mate!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Thanks buddy. Not only do I have to contend with a cold, now my eyes are infected...conjunctivitis!!! Man, this just keeps getting better and better.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Thought you might be amused at what I did with your photo...

http://ianjuliane.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-mist-i-mean-haze.html

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home